28 Apr Launch of West Wales Shellfishermans Association ltd Web Site
Launch of West Wales Shellfishermans Association ltd Web Site
West Wales Shellfishermans Association ltd has now been established for 4 years, and has a recognized mechanism for distributing relative information concerning the Welsh fishing industry, which has been consistently provide to members, with a bottom up approach, keeping them informed of how their fisheries are managed, as well as making fishermen aware of opportunities available to them.
The next step was clearly to establish an association web site, not only to raise the association’s profile, but also to create further opportunity for fishermen.
West Wales Shellfishermans Association ltd was successful during 2014 with an application to Welsh Government through the Pembrokeshire FLAG (Cleddau2Coast) for 100% funding of £4950.00 to develop an association web site.
WWSFA ltd contracted web designer Peter Roberts of Global Orange from St Davids, Pembrokeshire, Peter who lives and works in St Davids has strong links with the coastal community and is a serving member of the St Davids lifeboat, Peters father was also previously a fisherman from the same area.
The concept for the web site is to group together the main factors which the fishing industry require from an association, under seven separate sections:-
- WWSFA… Simplified joining procedure, news feed, gallery and contact details.
- Pembrokeshire fishing industry…History, overview today and representation.
- Funding… lists projects which WWSFA ltd has been successful delivering to date…Freshwater east tractor project, safety project 1, safety project 3, insulated fish tubs, pool of fish boxes, WWSFA ltd web site, and an overview of the FLAG and its role.
- Marketing… Raising the profile of the main species available around the west Wales coast, with a location map with contact details for fishing businesses, to make it easier to purchase fish/shellfish easier with more consistence for the customer.
- Links…To facilitate a comprehensive list of sites available on the internet to the fishing industry.
- Build your own site…WWSFA ltd are offering fishermen an easy step by step opportunity to build their own web site, where they can raise the profile of their business and develop their own customer base, one specific feature is to be able to up date fish/shellfish available with a “catch of the day” page which can be linked to twitter where customers can receive notifications of your updates.
- Classified…Offering cheap advertising for fishing related equipment and services